background

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

We Love Blue Cheese!

As if you didn't already know.


I love pork, but I used to skip making it because I detest eating dry meat, and pork seems to be especially prone to that issue. I am nothing if not determined though, so now I try recipe after recipe to find one that produces the desired results.

Here is one such recipe.

What I did:
Season the pork chops with the pepper and garlic. The amounts here are just a suggestion. Season to taste.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chops in the pan and cook until no longer pink. My thin chops took 7 minutes each side. Thicker cuts may take 10-12 minutes each side. The juices should run clear. If in doubt, cut into it a smidgen. You're going to coat it in gravy anyway.

Once the pork is all cooked, set it aside somewhere that it will keep warm. (I warm a plate, put the chops on it, and set it in the microwave.)

Stir the cream and blue cheese into the skillet you just took the pork out of. Scrape the cooked pork crumbles off the bottom of the pan as you stir. Trust me on this one. Cook, stirring constantly, 5-7 minutes, or until the blue cheese is mostly melted and the sauce thickens. Remember it will thicken more as it cools, so don't overdo it.

Now all that is left is to pour the gravy over the pork chops and enjoy!



I love the way the pork turns out, even before the gravy is added to the mix. It leads me to believe that pan-fried in butter is the best way to make moist pork chops. What do you think? What works best for you?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment