background

Monday, July 15, 2013

Simple Sweet and Spicy Seasoning!


Before we were married, my husband and I each lived pretty close to the San Diego/Tijuana border. His place was so close to the best straight-from-Tijuana tacos that we just ate out when we wanted Mexican. Plus, San Diego has this glorious thing known as the California Burrito. Simply delicious, but I digress.

So yeah, not a lot of need for me to keep taco seasoning around. Now, though, we live in the Northern part of San Diego and good Mexican is much, much harder to find. Once you know better, the Americanized Mexican that exists up here just isn't the same as those Tijuana "El Gordo's" Tacos. (San Diegans know what I'm talkin'bout when I say El Gordo's. Oh yeah.)

I'm not promising El Gordo's, but we love these tacos better than any shop up here, and a lot more than the 45 minute drive to the border. It's the closest we can get without a cow on a spit.




Not to mention it's as easy as dumping some seasonings together.
This recipe seasons 1lb of ground beef for tacos. Adjust accordingly.

Dump.
Shake.
Season.


















I think we're done here. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment